Saturday, January 28, 2017

YouBoob

When I was young, my brothers and I used to watch TV... a lot of TV! My mother would have to kick us out of the house to get us to play. My parents called the TV "the boob tube". I guess their reasoning was, if you watch too much TV, you would grow up to be a boob. Back in the 60's "boob" was a slang term for what is now referred to as a nerd, or better yet, a jerk.

Move the clock ahead forty years and kids are still entranced with the "boob tube". But these kids have taken it one step farther; they are now the boobs on the tube!

YouTube has given everyone a chance to show the world what an jerk they are! And the kids are taking full advantage of it. They love to make themselves look silly! Like the old saying goes, negative attention is better than no attention at all.

I'm not sure I understand it. When I really need to show the world I'm a jerk, I go out and sing karaoke, or I post a blog. At most, though, I am showing myself off to a couple hundred people, not a few million like you can with YouTube.

And appearing is so easy to do. You just need to rig up your cheesy computer camera so it points at you (and not the dirty house and dishes behind you), log on, and create! Video magic for all to see!

Wait a second -- I think I see the light...Yes! I, too, can be a star! My next article will not be appearing on blogspot.com. Instead, there will just be a website for you to click on, and then you will be able to see me actually read my next post to you.

Hope I remember to comb my hair. .

No comments: