Saturday, June 5, 2010

The Dance of Life

Life is nothing more than one large Arthur Murray Dance School. From the moment we take our first steps as toddlers, we go through life learning new and different steps. The music we dance to is the rhythm of life. With every new situation, relationship, and employer, we have to learn new steps to be successful.


As kindergartners and throughout elementary school we learn the basic steps of how to get along with others, and how to play well with others. As we enter high school we get into more complicated relationships; boyfriends, girlfriends, dating, the steps we learn change and become more complex. We learn that in a relationship sometimes you call the tune, and sometimes the other person will call the tune you both dance to.


As young adults we learn that our employers, and bosses will be calling the tune, and teach us the steps we have to dance to. As we grow and move up the corporate ladder, we learn that we have to follow the tune of our bosses, while calling the tune for our underlings. The dance becomes more complex.


In marriage we often find that the steps that were once so exciting have become routine and boring. To keep a marriage alive and vibrant you have to incorporate new steps from time to time to stay interested, or in time we will find new partners to dance with.


There is an old saying that people hate change. This is true, but they really hate dull and routine even more. Life is all about growth and change, and we reflect that in our dance.

Today life is changing at a pace never seen before by man. Everyday it seems that we have to learn new steps in order to survive. Life is certainly more difficult, but it is definitely not boring.


As for me, I’m dancing as fast as I can.

8 comments:

Trooper Thorn said...

I only enjoy the steps when it's the Lambada, the Forbidden Dance!

Mike's Common Sense said...

Hi Trooper nice to meet you! The lambada, the twist, the electric slide, etc. I love 'em all.

The Queen said...

I like to do a little two step, now they see me now they don't..

yepper,, from the movie.. I'm old.. what can I say!

Mike's Common Sense said...

Hi Queen, I'm old too, but haven't mastered that step yet.

Crazy Brunette said...

I never learned to play nice...

Just something that never sank in!!!

Mike's Common Sense said...

Hi Ashley! With looks like yours, it don't matter, the boys will always want you to come out and play.

Ryhen said...

Oh crap, did I just miss your audition on So You Think You Can Dance?

I hate dancing, honestly. Especially with clothes on.

Mike's Common Sense said...

Hi Ryhen! I'm not big on dancing either, but I liked the analogy.