Saturday, July 15, 2017

Thank God For Teenagers

Up in the sky, its a bird, it's a plane...No! It's your friendly neighborhood teenager!
Modern day superheroes don't wear tights and a cape, and they don't have a mask. They can't fly, and they don't have super strength. They just show up in tee shirts, and oversized baggy jeans, to save the day.
I am a middle aged guy, and at this point in my life you would think that I would be self sufficient; but nothing could be further from the truth. When the TV is stuck on Video2, and it appears that I will be watching a plain blue screen forever, I call my stepson to figure out the remote. When I install a disc not compatible with my Windows 10, and totally mess up my computer, I send up the bat signal for my step son's friend to bail my ass out.
The more and more life changes, the more I realize that teenagers are indispensable.
I am not a moron, (I don't think so anyway), but the modern world left me behind not long after the invention of "Pong" in the early 80's. Back in 1990 I needed my five year old son to teach me how to play "Mario Brothers"! I am not what you would call technologically inclined.
Now, the only kid I have left is my step son, if he gets married and moves away, what will I do?
I don't believe I can buy a teenager over the internet, and if I lure them over with candy, people will think that I am a pedophile. I think I'm going to have to connive a way to keep my step son from moving out...at least until I get some grand kids.

No comments: