Wednesday, June 22, 2016

You're My Best Friend

This post is about my wife, her name is Rhea.


A man is considered to be fortunate, if he has a handful of people he can consider close friends. In a world where everyone is so wrapped up in themselves, this statement is truer than ever. However, when a man finds someone as special as my wife, he is indeed blessed.


Let me tell a little bit about Rhea; she works a full time job as a bartender, but still makes the time to keep an immaculate house. She does all the grocery shopping, laundry, and most of the cooking. She takes care, and bathes the dogs; and she's there to help out when I screw something up. She's patient, caring, and understanding. She's a terrific mother, and a special friend. That's because she is not only my best friend, but she is my lover. No matter how full her plate seems to be, she seldom complains. I have to tell you, God blessed me the day I met her.


We have been together seventeen years, and married for fourteen. After my first marriage, I promised myself to never get married again; but after being with Rhea for a few years, I knew I had to wrap her up; I would have been a fool to ever let her get way. Now, I am not the smartest guy in the world, (ask Rhea, she'll tell you), but I am not that stupid. I do know a good thing when I see one.


I don't often write about my personal life, but I thought I needed to devote one of my posts, to extol the virtues of my wife. She is a very special person, and my life is enriched because of her presence in it.


So in closing, I really only have one thing to say; thank you Rhea, I love you. (Alright, that's two things, but who's counting?)

No comments: