Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Ain't Talkin' About Love

A lot of people are movie fanatics. Movie fanatics love to tell you that they came upon one of their favorite movies while channel surfing. Then they will proceed to tell you how they were forced to sit and watch the rest of the movie (even though they had seen that movie 47 times before.

I can relate with them. No, I am not a movie buff, but I am a music buff. There are certain songs that when I come across them on the radio, I am forced to listen to the whole song, no matter how many times I have heard it.

Here is a list of songs that if I happen to come upon one of them, I will stop and listen to all of it. This is a list of songs from the 70’s, and early 80’s.

1)”Smokin’”; by Boston
2)”Fairies Wear Boots”; and “Dirty Women”; by Black Sabbath
3)”Ain’t Talkin’ About Love”; by Van Halen
4)”That Lady” pts. 1&2; by the Isley Brothers
5) “Never Been Any Reason”; by Head East
6) “Sail Away”; by Styx
7) “Desert Skies”, and “This Old Cowboy”; the Marshal Tucker Band
8) “Love Has Come to Town”; by the Talking Heads
9) “Love Rain O’er Me”; by the Who
10) “The Look of Love”; by ABC
11) “Surrender”; by The J. Geils Band (with Cicely Houston, Whitney Houston’s mom)
12) “Stranglehold”; by Ted Nugent
13) “Little Red Barrachetta”; by Rush
14) “One Way Out”, and “Statesboro Blues”; by the Allman Bros. Band
15) “Rosilita”; By Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band
16) “It Takes the Best” by Hamilton, Joe Frank, and Reynolds
17) “The Fever”, and “I Don’t Want to Go Home”; by Southside Johnny and the Asbury Dukes
18) “Mr. Fantasy” by Traffic
19) “Soul Experience” by Iron Butterfly
20) “Tin Pan Alley” by Stevie Ray Vaughn
21) "Cowgirl In the Sand" by Neil Young

I realize that many of you don’t know these songs, and that is too bad. The state of open air radio is in a sorry state, and I’m sure a few of these songs are not in the 300-400 song play list your contemporary radio station plays. To check out these songs I recommend youtube, or i-tunes; or get satellite radio.

No comments: