Saturday, May 9, 2015

A Letter to My Mother

Hi mom, happy Mother's Day!  I hope you are well.  I just wanted to send you a note to let you know I was thinking about you.

As I was thinking about what I wanted to say, I was kind of overcome with the realization of all of the things you did for me personally, and for our whole family.

I know when I was a child I was the most troublesome of all of your kids.  Part of this I think was because I was the middle of your three sons, and whenever there was a fight I was always involved with one of my brothers.  Another part of this was I was a schemer, and a sneak; I thought I was smarter than everyone else, and tried to prove it by pulling off schemes to get what I wanted.

As troublesome as I was, your love for me never wavered, and neither did your patience.  For this you have my eternal gratitude; I credit you in great part for me growing up to be the man I am today.

As a child, Dad was my hero, but it was you who was my rock.  You were always there when I needed love, or someone to understand what I was going through.  You made sure I had a good lunch when I left for school, and our family had a good meal every night for supper.  My clothes were always clean, and you even let me listen to the Rock-N-Roll radio station.

When I think back I remember all of the wisdom you passed on to me; and in spite of my hard head, much of it has stuck with me.

In closing, I want to thank you for all of these things, and anything I may have left out.  I thank you for taking nine months out of your life to carry me in your womb, and for the pain you endured to bear me. I owe you a debt of gratitude that can never be repaid in one lifetime; all I can do is pass the love, and wisdom you gave me unto your grandchildren.

I love you mom.

No comments: