Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Creepy Things

I am a child of the sixties. When I was growing up we had lots of creepy monster movies to watch. They were all in black and white, and they all had fairly likable heroes. They all were melodramatic, and they all had creepy, scary monsters in them. I am sure that anyone over the age of forty can remember the “monster theater”, the “chiller thriller”, or the “bewitching hour”, on one of your local three TV channels every Friday, or Saturday night, or Sunday afternoon. (For the younger reading members out there, this was before cable TV and there were only three channels you could watch).
There were lots of different creepy monsters featured in these movies; Dracula, the Mummy, Frankenstein, The Hound from Hell, etc. etc. On the weekend when we could stay up late we would spend the night getting the shit scared out of us watching one of these nefarious monsters. Oh, the bad dreams we would have after watching these movies.
I have watched, and seen many different scary monsters in my day; but I don't think any of them are as scary as the one I watched on my TV tonight.
Of course I am talking about our former Vice President Dick Chaney. Now this guy is creepy, and scary. I was scared enough of this guy when he was Vice President, but even now I am still creep-ed out by him. Now that he is out of office we shouldn't have to be afraid of him anymore, but I still get the chills every time I watch this guy.
I admit I have never seen him bite someone in the neck, or strangle anyone like some of the movie monsters, but every time I see this guy my skin crawls; he literally makes may blood run cold.
There is something reptilian about this guy. Whenever he is on TV, I expect to see his tongue dart in and out of his mouth. After watching him for the last eight years as G.W.’s main hatchet and torture guy, you would think I should be inured to his coldness, and lack of any humanity, but that is not so. Whenever I see him he makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up. I suspect he is still way too influential to take lightly. I know he had a heart transplant, but I believe he should have a stake driven through whatever heart he has left.
What dreams may come after watching Dick Chaney, must give us pause.
At least I know Dracula, and Frankenstein are make believe.

No comments: