Sunday, June 30, 2013

Working For God

Many people don’t realize this, but God needs us as much as we need God. Here in the physical world the only way that God can affect what goes on is through the human state of consciousness. In other words, God needs co-workers to help it accomplish It’s (since God is neither male, nor female, it is more apt to call God It) will in this world. This may sound ludicrous to those of us who have been taught that God is almighty, and can do whatever It wants; but nonetheless it is the truth.

That is why it is so important for anyone that wishes to serve God to openly declare his intention. Your state of consciousness is your realm, and NO ONE can interfere with it unless you give them permission. By declaring yourself to be a vehicle for God to work through, you give the Creator permission to do It’s work through you. By starting each day by stating “I declare myself to be a vehicle for God, and the Holy Spirit.” you open yourself up to be a co-worker for God. As a co-worker for God you will notice yourself being placed in certain situations where you are needed, and you will notice how God manifests It’s love through you.

Here is an example of how I was used one day. I am a runner, and I like to run five miles almost every day. I normally would put my five miles in during my lunch hour at work, and shower in the locker room before going back to work. One day it was a rainy cold summer day. I did not run at work that day because of the rain. I got home early that afternoon because there was no overtime that day. The rain had let up to just a fine mist and fog, so I decided to go for a run.

 My run went between two parks that were separated by a high pedestrian bridge over the river. Due to the cool weather I was running the course in a record time, and I knew as I made my turn at the halfway point that I would run a record time.

As I made my way back across the bridge I noticed a pair of woman’s shoes on the road. Thinking that that was kind of odd I looked around; there on the other side of a seven foot fence stood a middle aged lady getting ready to jump. I quickly forgot about my record time and skidded to a stop. " Excuse me, you're not thinking of jumping off are you?" I asked her. When she admitted to me that she did indeed plan on jumping, I quickly reached through the bars and wrapped my arms around her. For the next twenty minutes I held onto her as I talked to her. One of the things she said to me was “I asked God to send someone to help me if he didn't want me to jump. I was just about to jump when you showed up.” I told her “I work for God, that’s why I'm here, now please climb back over the fence to safety and we can talk.” After several harrowing minutes, and what seemed like a lifetime, She did climb back over the fence. We spent an hour or so talking. After talking she decided that she really did not want to end her life, and she went home.

I realized that the whole situation of the rain at work, and the nudge I had to run when I got home, came about just so I would be in position to help that lady out when she needed it most. I was glad, and thankful to know that was being used by God.

If you decide you want to be a co-worker for God, start every day by declaring your intention. You will be used to help others, and to manifest God’s love and will. Sometimes it will be dramatic like the experience I just related, sometimes it will just be giving a smile when it is needed by someone. But, rest assured you will be used by God for everyone’s benefit.

No comments: