Sunday, April 22, 2012

I've Got Work To Do


After reading "The Easter Egg Eating Contest", and "A Transcendental State of Gullibility", I'm sure many folks are thinking that I am a cruel person. How could I do something like that to my own brother? In my own defense, I must say that I did pull some cruel practical jokes on Albert, (the Easter egg eating contest just one of these) but not one of them was premeditated. I honestly did not lay awake at night thinking of ways to get him. I would just find myself in a situation, and ad-lib it from there.
They were very funny at the time (except to Albert). Now almost 40 years later, I do feel bad that I was such a bad brother to him, and I have been trying to atone to him. I have written before that I believe this world is one big school, where soul learns how to be a mature soul, mostly through trial and error. Fortunately, for me, as I got older I got to be more of a free thinker. I learned that humor should not be derived at someone else's expense.
I have also learned many other lessons, some which came easily, while others have taken much effort on my part. There is an old saying "Only the good die young." I believe that to be true. If you have learned all the lessons you came here to learn, there is no reason to hang around. Well, I can say with some degree of certainty, that you will be able to read my dribble for many years to come.
I have many more lessons to learn. I've got work to do.

No comments: