Friday, July 2, 2010

I Love...

Some older folks out there might remember the old Tom T. Hall song called "I Love". It really is a hokey song, and the fact that it is sung by a fat Country singer makes it even worse.  However it is not so hokey that I won't rip that song off by putting my own lyrics to it.




        I love big smelly cigars, hepped up muscle cars... and old bars.
        I love living without fear, women who call me dear.... and beer.
        I love singing karaoke, titties that are perky.... and beef jerky.
                                And I love to booze!


        I love twisted cigarettes, winning when I bet....and roulette
        I love drinking til last call, folks that say y'all.... and football.
        I love sipping good whiskey, doing what I please...The Florida Keys
                                And I love to snooze!


        I love women with some class, a great piece of ass.... and cheap gas.

        I love hearing a good band, giving someone a hand... being in command.
        I love cooking on my grill, getting a new thrill... and pills.
                                And I love the blues!

5 comments:

The Queen said...

I know the song.. I love the song.. I have the song.. ON A RECORD...

but I like your lyrics better.. made me laugh

Mike's Common Sense said...

Hi Queen! As an old dj, and record collector, I also have that 45 (but don't readily admit it). I am glad you got a kick from my song.

reener said...

LMAO!!! Very clever! I love taking songs and making new lyrics for them! My neighbors and I were doing one to a Neil Diamond song yesterday! Hilarious!

Mike's Common Sense said...

Hi Reener! Thank you for the complement. I have written four other funny songs. If interested go to my June 11 post "Just A Song Before I Go" I have all four of them linked up in that post.

Mike's Common Sense said...

Ashley, shhhh! Nobody would know if you keep your trap shut!