Saturday, August 5, 2017

Blue Skies

Yesterday 8/4 was the 9th birthday of Mike's Common Sense. "Everything I write is designed to make you think; what you think is up to you."

To celebrate I want to re-publish one of my favorite articles. I hope it becomes one of your favorites also. Mike.

“Blue skies, smiling at me, nothing but blue skies do I see.” That is the opening line of the old song “Blue Skies”. I used to listen to it every weekend when I was a kid. My dad played a lot of Jim Reeves when I was a lad, and this song was one of my favorites. Not only for Jim’s smooth as velvet baritone voice, but also because it had a cheerful, happy, spirit to it. It is a song that is rosy and optimistic, and I am an optimist
Now a days, it is tough to be an optimist. To be an optimist you either have to be high, or soft in the head, according to most people. They think optimists are not realists. If, you get too realistic maybe that’s true, but most optimists don’t watch the nightly news, or get too caught up in what the mass media is busy spewing. Optimists are on guard to what they will open their state of consciousness to take in.
I am an optimist, because I know not to be one is to be a defeatist. I simply will not accept that attitude. I know that the only way to bring about change for the good of all, is to be positive about what I think could be, and will be.
Dr. Karl Jung back in the 1920’s postulated about mankind possessing a “collective consciousness”, in to which every man and woman contributes to. To contribute positive vibes to that collective consciousness only helps to raise the vibes of all mankind. Keeping a positive outlook contributes to up lifting your neighbor, and your world wide brothers and sisters.
Are you with me?
Blue skies, smiling at me; Nothing but blue skies do I see…

No comments: