Saturday, January 23, 2016

Sweet Soul Music

You may not know this, (because I never told you) but, I used to be a disc jockey. I am also a rock and roll historian. I am not bragging when I say I have a BIG record collection. I have been wanting to write a post on early rock and roll for sometime. This time let's talk about "feel good" songs from the 50's, 60's, and early 70's.

By "feel good" I mean any song that makes you dance, no matter what kind of mood you are in. If you are not familiar with these songs, take my word for it, down load them into your i-pod, you can thank me later.

1) "Twiddley Dee" by Laverne Baker

2) "Funky Street", and "Sweet Soul Music" by Arthur Conley

3) "Giving It Up For Your Love" by Delbert McClinton

4) "I Feel Fine" by the Beatles

5) "Shake Senora" by Harry Belafonte

6) "25 Miles" by Edwin Starr

7) "Jackie Wilson Said" by Van Morrison

8) "Vehicle" by The Ides of March

9) "Sh-boom" by the Chords

10) "Camarillo Brillo" by Frank Zappa

11) "Little Bit O' Soul" by The Music Explosion

12) "Can't Get Next To You" by The Temptations

13) "Whammer Jammer" by The J. Geils Band.

That's enough for now, don't want your down loading bill to get too high. For you joggers, walkers, and aerobic folk out there (like me) these make great work out songs. Each one is up tempo, and sets a good pace. Try them, you'll like them!

No comments: