Monday, April 26, 2010

Mike's List


I have noticed that everyone is writing their list about themselves, so I thought I would join in. I must warn you that I am a Virgo, and that my natal chart says that I am too open to others about myself (so expect a long list). Sigh, oh well here we go.


1) I am the second of three sons all one year apart in age, and I have two twin sisters five years younger than me.
2) I have always been very athletic, and active in sports.
3) My dream job has always been to be a stand-up comedian.
4) I starred in two operettas, and always had a solo song as a member of chorus in elementary school.
5) I still love to sing, and love to go to karaoke.
6) I am a former disc jockey
7) I am a rock-n-roll historian with a huge record collection.
8) I wrestled in high school and college, but never really liked it; I was just good at it.
9) Football was my best, and favorite sport to play. If I had grown to be as big as my dad, 6' 2" 235lbs, I would have played in the NFL.
10) I am 5' 10" and weigh 215 (oops).
11) I have a B.A. in psychology, with minors in History, and English.
12) I had my first ESP experience at age 10.
13) I am an expert on ESP, parapsychology, the occult, and the arcane.
14) I do N.Y. Times crossword puzzles during lunch at work.
15) I like cold beer, bourbon, and cigars.
16) I coached a woman's football team in college.
17) I have a high I.Q. and don't really fit in with others. I am basically a loner.
18) I have been a recreational runner for almost twenty years and have run the distance from New York City to Los Angeles a couple of times over.
19) I have completed five marathons.
20) I have two kids, a boy, and a girl, aged 25, and 23 respectively.
21) I have been in the airline profession since 1976.
22) I am embarrassed to admit that of almost 150 blog posts, the most read is "Big Butts" with thousands of readers world wide.
23) I do like to party and have a good time.
24) I own a pot bellied pig, his name is Wilbur.
25) I have written an e-book "The True Adventures of Wilbur the Pig" which can be found on my web site mikescommonsense-12@blogspot.com. You will have to go back in the archive to May to find it. It is true, and it is funny.
26) I played drums in the University of Miami Band of the Hour.
27) I have been an Oakland/Los Angles/Oakland Raiders fan since 1966.
28) I am a University of Miami football fan.
29) I have had many out of body experiences, and lucid dreams.
30) I know I am soul, and I am not afraid of death.
31) I am a happily married man, and have been married over eight years.


Well there it is. I hope after learning all the inside info on me we can still be friends. Mike

3 comments:

Crazy Brunette said...

Is this why you are always up my ass about doing stand up???? Are you trying to live vicariously through meeee???

I LOOOOVE karaoke toooo!

I can't claim the high IQ thing Mikey... But I wish I could!!!

12/13... THAT is AMAZING!!! I have always been so intrigued by those things!!! I's absolutely LOVE to talk more about it if you have time- some time!!!

I had a potbellied pic growing up, his name was bacon!!! (I was fucked up even then...HA!)

Mike's Common Sense said...

Hi Ashley, We have a lot in common besides driving Ford Escapes. Having been a DJ I have never met a microphone I didn't like. Very difficult to start a stand up career in Rochester,NY, now I am just too damn busy. Your schtick would translate well on stage if you could get up in front of a crowd and do it. My early ESP experiences are documented in my article "Kreskin's ESP Kit and Beyond". You will have to go back to Sept. to find it. My pig is very mischivous and the book is funny and true. Want to talk of ESP my e mail is muley12@live.com

Anonymous said...

i am professional potographer, possibly you'd like to use some of my photographs? i think it would be nice and fit on your blog :-)
absolutely like your design! send me a email please in case you want to see my photgraphs