Saturday, March 28, 2009

Thank God For Teenagers

Up in the sky, its a bird, its a plane...No! Its your friendly neighborhood teenager!

Modern day super heroes don't wear tights and a cape, and they don't have a mask. They can't fly, and they don't have super strength. They just show up in tee shirts, and over sized baggy jeans, to save the day.

I am a middle aged guy, and at this point in my life you would think that I would be self sufficient; but nothing could be further from the truth. When the TV is stuck on Video2, and it appears that I will be watching a plain blue screen forever, I call my step son to figure out the remote. When I install a disc not compatible with my Windows XP, and totally mess up my computer, I send up the bat signal for my step son's friend to bail my ass out. The more and more life changes, the more I realize that teenagers are indispensable.

I am not a moron, (I don't think so anyway), but the modern world left me behind not long after the invention of "Pong" in the early 80's. Back in 1990 I needed my five year old son to teach me how to play "Mario Brothers"! I am not what you would call technologically inclined. Now, the only kid I have left is my step son, if he gets married and moves away, what will I do?

I don't believe I can buy a teenager over the internet, and if I lure them over with candy, people will think that I am a pedophile. I think I'm going to have to connive a way to keep my step son from moving out...at least until I get some grand kids.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm ready for grand kids myself!
My wife won't go out and play in the snow or our sand box with me. She doesn't want to explore the ravine behind our house or play pig in the driveway.
SJM

adnohr said...

I can totally sympathize with your lack of knowledge where electronic devices are concerned. My grandson, who is all of 10 years old, has to help me out too. Great post, Mike. Enjoyed the laugh.